Friday, December 14, 2012

Closer to home

Katie is progressing very well! The doctors have told us that she is now ready to go to a place for rehab. Barnes Hospital has done everything they can for her and now it is time for her to move on to a new place. There is a rehab facility in Mt. Vernon and it is claimed to be one of the best. Right now that is where we are trying to get her in at. We are waiting on a few things before that can happen and Mt. Vernon has to accept her as well. So far things are looking good though! If everything goes through and works out Katie can possibly be moved to Mt. Vernon as early as Sunday and this would be a wonderful blessing because Mt. Vernon is only around 45 minutes away from our house. Please pray that everything will work out and Katie can keep recovering well! She is a very strong person and she is not letting this get in her way!

Thank you for everything that you all have done! It is amazing how many wonderful people God has put in our life and we are thankful for that!

Also, I would like to ask you to keep praying for the other young women at the hospital who they believe has what Katie does. Her and her family are just starting this process and will be needing lots of prayers. In addition, please pray for all of the families, students and faculty in Connecticut that were involved in the school shooting. As a future teacher and someone who has lost several family members, it just breaks my heart to hear of things like this happening in the world. There were several people who lost their lives in this shooting and a majority of them were children. They definitely could use our prayers and support.

Philippians 4:6- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything)

Isaiah 41:10- Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious hand.

Psalm 23:4- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment