Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Positive Note

Today I saw Katie and she is in about the same state as she has been for the past few days. She has been unresponsive and sometimes she will look around, but if we talk to her she does not say anything back to us. She also does not talk any other time either, but this is also one of the symptoms. They have also got a feeding tube in her and she has been able to keep the food down the past couple of days and that is a good thing.

The doctors think they know what Katie has, but we are still waiting on the results to come back before they confirm it. If it is what they think she has it is a physical sickness and not a mental sickness, like we first thought. Katie has a great majority of the symptoms and it would explain a lot of her actions throughout the past few weeks. Also, if the results do confirm that Katie has what the doctors think it is then they have a way to fix it. However, that process could take quite a while, but Barnes Hospital has done this procedure before. I would give everyone the name of what they suspect Katie to have but I am going to wait until it is confirmed, just so we don't jump the gun or anything.

We also wanted to thank everyone for all their support and prayers, it means so much to us! Thank you very much!

I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me.- Dr. Seuss

9 comments:

  1. Hey everyone this is Kara and I figured out how to leave a comment on here. Sorry it is kind of confusing, I did not realize this when I made the blog on here. But this is what you do...
    1. Click on the comments
    2. Type in your comment
    3. Click the drop down arrow by the comment as: and either select anonymous or name/URL(type in your name)
    4. Click publish and then you will have to type in the words shown on the screen.
    5. It will send me the comment and then I will have to approve it and once I do it will show up.
    Sorry for all of the confusion and stuff, if there are any questions feel free to message me or text me and I will help you as best as I can. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for ALL of you!! Hang in there!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for Her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update Kara, alot of people at church have asked, if they don't see the post, or have a way to get to it, we will make sure they keep updated. Your family and Katie, are surely in our prayers, The Halls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Betty and I think that is great that you are keeping everyone in touch at church. Thanks for doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've served along side Katie the last few years at Woodland Acres Bible Camp,and just wanted to let your family know that I'm praying for Katie's recovery. Thank you for setting up this blog for us to get updates with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great way to keep everyone posted! great idea Kara! I have great hope to hear what this is and that they can start to take the necessary steps to bring her back to her old lovable self ! :) Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!

    ReplyDelete